ENG  |  ITA  |  DEU
Logo Benenti
Barolo DOCG Benenti Barbera DOC Benenti Dolcetto DOC Benenti Gavi di Gavi Benenti

Barolo

> Barbera

Dolcetto

Gavi

Production zone: Monforte d'Alba, Piemonte, Italia
Download the technical sheets of this wine
Benenti
Homepage Who we are Benenti wines Benenti contacts

Barbera d'Alba D.O.C.

Name: Barbera d’Alba d.o.c.
Variety: Barbera
Alcoholic content: 14.0% vol.
Total acidity: 5.7 g/l.

Tasting characteristics
Colour: intense ruby red verging on garnet.
Bouquet: predominant ripe cherry, with pleasant
fruity and herbal scents.
Mouth feel: warm palate, remarkable persistence
combined with bold acidity.

Wine and food matches
Excellent with boiled meat, beef stews, cotechino and lentils. Medium aged Langhe cheeses. Meat ravioli.

Territory
Vineyards: Commune of Monforte d’Alba.
Surface area: 2 hectares.
Altitude: 450 metres a.s.l.
Exposure: west and southwest.
Soil: limestone marl, rich in sand.
Plantation density: 5400 vines per hectare.
Growing method: traditional Guyot.
Age of vineyard: approximately between 10 and 20 years old.

Wine
Yield per hectare: 7000 kg.
Harvesting period: between 25 September and 10 October.
Harvesting type: hand picking.
Fermentation: in steel tanks.
Fermentation temperature: maximum 28°.
Fermentation length: 6 days.
Malolactic fermentation: yes.
Ageing: 30% of the wine ages for about 12 months in new French oak barriques. The remaining 70% ages in steel tanks.
Ageing in bottle: 3 months.

Barbera DOC

Benenti
Fr. Camie 39 - 12065 Monforte d’Alba - (Cn) - Italy
Ph/Fax +39.0173.78391 - wine@paolomonti.com
P.Iva 02500910043 - CCIAA CUNEO n. CN-1996-142727
Cap. Soc. € 10.000

Powered by Blulab